Heads up, I've been working on adding bots and an early version is already available. Join one of six regional servers and play with bots at any time solo or with friends.
A downloadable game for Windows
Wanted: bounty hunters and scoundrels to play a surprising competitive shooter that will leave you feeling like a newbie again. Help shape the future of multiplayer, where battles are intense, rewarding, and fair whether they are one-on-one duels or epic 700 player contests. Say goodbye to matchmaking and wait times and say hello to Hunternet!
- Play solo or co-op anytime versus player bots in one of six dedicated regions spanning the globe.
- A scalable combat system that is deep enough to be engaging in a one on one fight like a fighting game, and also flexible enough to support combat between tens or hundreds of simultaneous combatants without descending into sheer chaos.
- Hunt as a lone wolf, form an elite squad or lead an army of hundreds. Teams are formed and dissolved on the battlefield, there can be any number of teams of any size. The larger your team the more points you need, which keeps multiple team sizes and solo play viable.
- Mix and match up to eighteen high contrast abilities and design a kit that best suits your play style. Enjoy the freedom to respec for free at any time and try any ability right out of the gate.
- A bounty hunting system that rewards you for hunting down powerful opponents instead of farming the weak. Destroying your prey will not be enough, you'll have to deliver that bounty before someone else robs you of your reward.
- Match free design, join and leave the world at any time and play as long as you want. Say goodbye to wait times and a fragmented community.
- Fast and varied movement options: you can fly, glide, slide, swing, climb, teleport, leap, bounce, and more.
- Actively dodgeable projectiles instead of instant hitscan weapons.
- 100% skill based, no random bullet spread or recoil, a fair battle ground with no praying to the RNG gods.
- An energy system ties everything together; your health, ammo, and even your movement all pull from the same reserves. Every decision incurs a trade off and every shot counts. Spray and pray at your own risk.
- Use unlimited team fuxion and leave Voltron jealous. Ascend to advanced forms worthy of a proud hunter race.
- Friendly fire and self-damage, collisions between all players, limited turn rates, and projectile inheritance place an emphasis on positioning.
- Summon your own AI minions, hack your opponent, frog them, go shrimp, and hit them with love, there is more to combat than just dealing damage.
- No gore, graphic violence, or adult only themes, avoids unnecessarily restricting who can play together (current art is placeholder but true to this goal).
- Interesting decisions at every step. Should you respawn early but with lower energy? Should you load up on abilities or take only what you need for a faster repair rate? Should you collect more bounty and risk what you are carrying or deliver it now and claim your reward? Should you form a team, how large should it be?
- 3D voice over IP, text chat, spectator support, and configurable controls.
- TrackIR support for 6DoF head tracking.
Join our community chat on discord.
Join our Weekly Developer Playtests:
Download with the itch.io app and get automatic updates or use the download button bellow to play without an itch.io account.
|Published||297 days ago|
|Tags||Co-op, First-Person, FPS, Massively multiplayer, Multiplayer, PvP, Shooter, Third Person, Top-Down, Versus|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
i downloaded this to see if it was good. there was no one playing on the servers so i just flew around and shot into space...
Thanks for checking it out schimitty70 :). The best way to find players is to join our discord server. I also host two playtests every weekend. Player bots are in development so as soon as that is done you will always have someone to play with. I see you are a fellow fan of Ravenfield :) So imagine massive space bot fights, online with multiple teams including the option to have your own bot ally armada. Once player bots are in good shape I will finally start to promote Hunternet and seriously get the word out :)
Hey schmitty, player bots are now available so you can play anytime even if no one else is online. They are still in development but are already quite capable.